- We gather the following types of information:
- Contact Information You Provide to Us: Such information may be submitted to us via the contact form on our website, email, phone call, social media, our mailing list signup form or any other medium. The types of information that we may collect includes your name, phone number, email addresses, mailing address, or any other contact information that you provide to us.
- Login Credentials: On certain pages or sections of the website (W8FW.com), it may be necessary for you to provide various kinds of login credentials (Username/Password). Such credentials are only requested when it is beneficial to our ability to successfully complete the task at hand. We will never ask for login credentials when it is unnecessary to do so.
- Aggregated Tracking Information: We may aggregate the behavior of visitors to our website and social media channels (Facebook/Twitter) to better provide content that is valuable to our visitors. We can see aggregated demographic information but are not able to see the identifying information of any individuals unless they publicly share our content in some way. When you message us, post or share any content to our sites we can identify who you are. When you post or share your identity becomes public. MCARC does not sell your information but, as an American Radio Relay League (ARRL) member the club does share your personally identifying information on its membership lists with the ARRL. The membership roster/list is made available to all members. If you do not wish to have your information provided to other members, please inform the club secretary. Please keep in mind, with your call sign anyone can easily look up your address and other information.
- Security S.A. F., which is the security plug-in we are using, does collect and provide to the club the IP addresses and the date/time of anyone attempting to log in to the Administrative portion of the site. This information is only used by the club to protect the website from hackers and spammers. We would not sell or give this information to anyone else for any purpose other than law enforcement if that should ever become necessary. The IP address of visitors to the site is not routinely recorded by the club.
- Consumption of Emails We Send: When we send email newsletters to those people that have not opted out to receive them, it may be possible for MCARC to track who opened these emails as well as who clicked on any of the links placed within the newsletter. We may do this to measure what information our email newsletter recipients find valuable in hopes of providing the type of content that a recipient would like to see in the future. If you do not wish to receive any emails or other correspondence, please inform the club secretary.
- We may use all this information to do the following:
- Communicate with our members, potential members, or those that may be interested in talking to us.
- Provide support as well as obtain feedback.
- Complete tasks that are crucial to the overall success of the club.
- Track the aggregated use of our website to make improvements to the content and structure of our site.
- Track those following us on social media to provide content that is more interesting to our audience. We do not have “targeted advertising”, but the people who provide services to the Site certainly do.
- Track the consumption of the content in our email newsletter to inform the content that is included in future newsletters.
- We do not share, sell or trade your contact information without your consent except as stated above. We may use your contact information to communicate with you or send you content that you’ve requested, but we will not provide your information to anyone except as stated above who is not a member of the club without first obtaining permission directly from you in writing, on the phone or in person.
- Privacy Notice for Visitors to Our Users’ Sites – This should help to answer any questions you may have. This page does not represent all the vendors this site is involved with but, it is reasonably safe to say that the rest would have similar polices. You may be able to visit the individual sites and see them polices.
Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions
Restrictions on Use of Materials
You acknowledge that this Site contains Content that is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, patents, or other proprietary rights, and that these rights are valid and protected in all forms, media, and technologies existing now and hereinafter developed. You also acknowledge that the Content is and shall remain the property of MCARC or any other respective copyright holders (known here as “Contributors”). You shall at no time assert any claims of ownership over any content by reason of your use of or any right to use this Site and shall not grant or create or suffer to exist any lien or other security interest arising therefrom. You agree to comply with all copyright and trademark laws and you shall not encumber any interest in, or assert any rights to, the Content. You may not modify, transmit, participate in the sale or transfer of, or create derivative works based on any Content, in whole or in part. You may print or store in digital form copies of the Content, provided that these copies are made only for personal, non-commercial use and that you maintain any notices contained in the Content, or maintained by the Contributor, such as all copyright notices, trademark legends, or other proprietary rights notices. The MCARC authorizes you to view and use the Content on this Site solely for your personal, noncommercial use. The use of the Content on any other site, including by linking or framing, or in any networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited without the MCARC’s prior written approval.
For permission to use content from this website or from a newsletter authored and distributed by the MCARC, request written permission. Permission should be requested by contacting the webmaster. Attribution may be required for content. Attribution for website content should be maintained as it was originally. Attribution for newsletter content should be given as follows: “From W8FW.com (Author, Callsign)”.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
THE CONTENT PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED AS A SERVICE TO MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC. INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. NO INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THIS WEBSITE CONSTITUTES LEGAL ADVICE, NOR DOES IT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE MIAMI COUNTY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB (Ohio)(MCARC), AMERICAN RADIO RELAY LEAGUE, AND ANY OTHER PARTY.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THIS SITE AND THE CONTENT THEREIN ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. NONE OF THE MIAMI COUNTY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB (Ohio), ANY OF IT’S OFFICERS, TRUSTEES, MEMBERS, AFFILIATES AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY THE “MIAMI COUNTY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB (Ohio) PARTIES”) GUARANTEES THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY OF THE CONTENT.
NONE OF THE MCARC PARTIES WARRANTS THAT THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE OR THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVER OR ANY FILES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOADING THROUGH THIS SITES ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL ELEMENTS. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THIS SITE AND THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT IS ASSUMED SOLELY BY YOU.
NONE OF THE MCARC PARTIES MAKES ANY, AND HEREBY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY, REPRESENTATIONS, ENDORSEMENTS, GUARANTEES, OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THIS SITE OR ANY CONTENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, ALL OF THE MCARC PARTIES DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO ANY RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY OF THE MCARC PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION OR ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEB SITE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY OF THE MCARC PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONTENT, SERVICE, OR THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY.
BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR NEGLIGENCE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS THE MCARC PARTIES’ LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THIS SITE IS TO STOP USING THIS SITE.
Links to Other Sites
As a convenience to you, this Site may periodically provide links to third party websites through links available on this Site including websites of entities that are affiliated with the ARRL, and other sites (“Third-Party Sites”) where we feel it is appropriate. Lists of links are not complete lists of relevant and/or useful internet resources. Our decision to link to a Third-Party Site is not an endorsement of the content in that linked Third Party Site. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF ANY THIRD-PARTY WEB SITE, NOR DO WE MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE CONTENT (OR THE ACCURACY, CURRENTNESS, OR COMPLETENESS OF SUCH CONTENT) ON ANY THIRD-PARTY WEB SITES, AND THE MCARC SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER IN RELATION TO ANY OF THE FOREGOING. You should take precautions when downloading files from all Sites to protect your computer from viruses and other destructive programs. If you decide to access linked Third-Party Sites, you do so at your own risk. You should direct any concerns to the Third-Party Sites’ administrator or webmaster. We do the best we can to maintain security procedures and standards that we believe are safe and secure. We value the trust you put in us, and we strive to ensure you’ll be able to trust us far into the future. Please use a good Firewall/Antivirus program. The visitor is responsible for safeguarding any user names/passwords that they may use to access this site.
No Framing Allowed
Elements of this Site are protected by trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other state and federal laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part by any means, including but not limited to, the use of framing or mirrors. None of the Content for our Site may be retransmitted without the express written consent of the MCARC.
The designated agent to receive notification of claimed infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act is Webmaster Robert Hibbard KD8GEB, Secretary Paul Simmons WA1EIB, and President Dale Snyder KD8YZC — 728 Harrison Street, P.O. Box 214 Troy, Ohio 45373-0214.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
The MCARC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to restrict, suspend, or terminate this Agreement and your access to all or any part of our Site or the Content, at any time and for any reason without prior notice or liability. The MCARC reserves the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of this Site or the content at any time without prior notice or liability.
User Must Comply with Applicable Laws
This Site is based in Troy, Ohio. The MCARC makes no claims concerning whether the Content may be downloaded or are appropriate for use outside of the United States. If you access this Site from outside of the United States, you are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with the laws of your specific jurisdiction.
If any portion of the Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the invalid or unenforceable portion shall be construed in accordance with the applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties, and the remainder of the Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. The paragraph headings herein are provided only for reference and shall have no effect on the construction or interpretation of the Agreement. The MCARC’s failure to enforce your strict performance of any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of its right to subsequently enforce such provision or any other provision of this Agreement. Neither the course of conduct between parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any provision of the Agreement. The Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio, except about its conflicts of law rules. Any action relating to the Content, Site or this Agreement must be brought in the federal or state courts located in Dayton and Troy, Ohio respectively and you hereby irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts. Any cause of action you may have with respect to the Content, Site or this Agreement must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arose or be barred. This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties for this Site and supersedes all existing agreements and all other oral, written or other communication between the parties concerning its subject matter. You agree to use the Content and Site only for lawful purposes. You are prohibited from any use of the Content or Site that would constitute an illegal offense, give rise to liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation.